Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

The Weather Dogs

were very obliging  on Sunday. The day was filled with rain showers, snow showers, sunny spells, sleet, hail, strong winds.  And yet, whenever we were outside it was sunny, or if not sunny, at least not actually wet.

Lindsey drove us to Talbot, where the monthly market was in full swing.  I don't think there were as many stalls as there were in the summer, but it still an impressively large market.  I managed to get some little dishes to replace the soap dishes.  The bloke was selling a tiny, tiny tea set for $10.  I didn't actually want an entire tea set - just the little dishes.  Not quite sure what I would do with 4 tiny tiny tea cups and a minute jug.  I dithered.  The bloke said, somewhat hopefully, that I could have the lot for $5.  Bargain.  I'm sure I'll find a use for the tiny, tiny tea cups. Lindsey said to use them as egg cups but they aren't a suitable shape.  Anyway, I have loads of egg cups.  I've put them in the cupboard for further thought.

From there we went to Clunes where I bought some more of my pretty (drinking) glasses.  I would show you photos except they are in Mount Helen and I am in East Melbourne.  I'll take photos the next time I am at home.

Then on to the garden centre in Haddon, where Lindsey bought fruit trees and not-fruit shrubs. It was spectacularly busy and there were food stalls, things for the children to do, all kinds of buzz. Turned out they were having a family day to raise money for the farmers and for drought relief.

So not a bad Sunday :-D  We got home slightly chilled (although I had taken winter kit with me) but dry.  And spent the evening playing with the Apple digital TV box.

Now I am off to the optometrist to see about getting some new glasses.  It is getting a bit tedious having to wear my sunnies whenever I want to drive the car.  It also limits what time I can hop into the car.  Has to be in daylight hours, which isn't always convenient!

Remind me to show you our magnificent new fridge when I am next at home. It arrived on Monday and is very lovely

No comments:

Post a Comment