Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

A Mish Mash

It was a glorious day on Saturday. Not hot but sunny and still. Sunday was a complete about face. Cold, wet, gloomy, dank. And the damp, gloomy weather stayed for a couple of days until today which has dawned bright and sunny. Still cold, though.

I am not working today. This week I am working Tuesday and Thursday. It has been surprisingly discombobulating! I am even more confused about what day it is than usual.

I found the electric couch blanket the other day, when I was sorting out some things in the "study". I was sorting through it because I want to convert it into a third bedroom. I don't use it as a study now that I am here on my own, more as a junk room. I suspect that even if I turn it into a third bedroom it will still be used as a junk room but at least I will have an extra bed should I need one. Plus, I have bought the bed. It just needs assembling and the desk needs to be moved out of the room. I might put it on the local Buy Nothing page.

Anyway, while I was sifting through things, I found the blanket. I had chucked it in a corner at the end of last winter. I really should have washed it during the summer when it would have dried properly in the sunshine. (It can go in the washing machine - the electric cord thing comes off.) However, I didn't. It was absolutely COVERED in cat fur, so I spent a merry half hour brushing it all off. It's now back on the TV watching couch, and covered in cats



Some years ago I bought some sparkly Christmas candles in Japan. I didn't put them out last Christmas but I have put them out now as sparkly Winter candles on the sideboard, along with Stella and Tony's Alpine church Christmas decoration.  Very suitable winter decor, I think:



In its youth, the church's bell tinkled
when the candle was lit.
Not any more, but it still looks cosy


I have been tidying up the plants in Stella's room. Lindsey and I are thinking of taking away her little fridge. She doesn't use it any more and we could use the space to put all her plants together, and make a little garden space. 







I contacted the gas company late last week to see about getting the gas supply disconnected. Last time I did this, you may remember, the bloke I spoke to said I would have to have the meter removed and it would cost upward of $1000. This time, the woman I spoke to said I could just have the supply turned off and the gas people would plug it. This would mean that if anyone wanted to reconnect the supply later, they could do. Someone was supposed to come to do a final meter reading yesterday and then the plug will happen sometime in the near future. I wonder if they did. And how much the final bill will be. Not $1000, apparently.


Gratuitous Cat Photos:




No comments:

Post a Comment