Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, October 23, 2023

What day did you say it was?

It was quite confusing this weekend. I found it very hard to work out what day it was.

I was at work on Friday, which is not in itself unusual. But then, Lindsey and I left a little early and went to the airport to collect Emily who is visiting Melbourne for a few days. Her plane was delayed. Then there were delays on the roads back home from the airport - not helped by there being a booze bus at a roundabout near the airport. I can see why there might be a booze bus near an airport on a Friday afternoon/evening but it did significantly hold the traffic up.

Saturday was where the confusion originated. Emily has a very tight schedule and if she was to have lunch with Stella it had to be on Saturday. We decided that, if we were going to have a celebratory lunch, it should be at a good location, so we went out to the Wallace Hotel. We only ever go there on Sundays and we more or less had a Sunday lunch (without the roasts, alas). In my head we were doing Sunday things, so it had to be Sunday.




Which made yesterday Monday, obviously. And I pretty much did Monday things. Washing, ironing, supermarket, prepping veg (which is, it is true, done on Sundays and/or Mondays depending). I emptied and sorted out the pantry, visited Stella, and did most of the things I do at the start of the week.






Which has made today almost impossible to identify. It doesn't help that this week is likely to be atypical in many ways. I am expecting to be at the surgery on Tuesday and Thursday instead of Wednesday and perhaps Friday. Freyja and Simon are planning to be here on Thursday night.  So I shot out of bed unnecessarily early this morning because I could not work out where I was supposed to be and at what time (I did not stay up when I realised the time and what day it was!)

To confuse matters even more, I have Japanese lessons at all sorts of odd times this week. I must remember that I have one at 13:00 today, and absolutely must remember that there is also one at 07:00 on Friday, neither of which is in my usual schedule.

I have also changed the linen on the spare bed, "helped", or not, by Brandy and a bit by Whiskey.




Eventually, I won!

I'm sure I will eventually work out what's happening when. Maybe on Monday of next week 😁

It was a lovely late afternoon last Thursday, so Brandy, Whiskey and I went and sat on the front  porch to enjoy it, before winter burst back on Saturday and we had to shake out the jumpers again and light the fire in the evenings.






No comments:

Post a Comment