Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, July 31, 2023

Sunday lunch and Form Filling

I really should be more careful what I say!

I went into work last Monday to interview for the new receptionist, only to find that one of the existing receptionists was off sick, leaving just one on the desk. So I did spend some time on the desk, as well as interviewing the potential receptionist. I was rostered on the desk on Wednesday, and on Friday. Busy at work then!

(This week I am working Monday, Wednesday, Friday AND Saturday, although I wasn't on the desk today. More interviewing and inductions, plus some one-on-ones with new-ish staff and some actual admin!!!)

I had a good weekend. Lindsey was doing a webinar on Saturday morning and I couldn't be bothered going to the market. I had bought a Wilson's Mystery Box during the week so didn't need any veg. Lindsey and I did go out to the mushroom farm in the afternoon. Jim was delighted to see me when I went to visit him later bearing a gigantic jam donut. Stella was also pleased to see me but she didn't get a donut.

Lindsey, Stella and I went for lunch on Sunday to a new-to-us pub



Lindsey had seen a good review on Facebook so we thought we'd give it a go. It was very quiet, although we did get there early and it filled up while we were eating. The food was very good, the chips exceptionally so. The staff tell me that the mashed potato is the best in the whole world. We will go there again and I will try the mash. I've added it to my list of Sunday pubs, although it is on the other side of town, out near the old cattle yards, funnily enough.

I have had a sudden burst of domestic admin activity. Prompted by Jetstar's "buy an outward ticket to Japan and return for free" offer, I have actually applied for a renewal of my passport. Jetstar has these offers two or three times a year and I would like to take advantage of the next one. I acquired hard copies and an e-copy of new passport photos. I found the online form. I woke up my British bank account. to pay for it. While I was about it I also filled in the British police certificate form for my Australian citizenship application (the website is finally back after many weeks of being down after some sort of hacking attack) AND I filled in the identification form also for the citizenship application. I need to get that countersigned and also to wait for the new passport and the police certificate to arrive and then I will be good to go.

Once I have done that, I think I only have my British pension (which will be teeny tiny, if anything) to apply for and following that my Centrelink senior's healthcare card. And that, I think, will be all the form filling I need to do for now. I think! (Jim's Centrelink issue is trundling along but I have given up worrying about that. The care home people are dealing with the alleged overdue $32,000 and I have stopped arguing about the daily fees -  at least for the time being.)

No comments:

Post a Comment