Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, July 03, 2023

Catch Up

 I have been back out to Centrelink. They wanted me to fill out a form making me an official representative for Jim. I thought the Power of Attorney did that, but they have their own form which, apparently, trumps the PoA. It does mean that they will send copies of correspondence to me as well as to Jim. It also means that I can provide a code to prove I am who I say I am, rather than answering a raft of questions. It finally means that I have definitely proved my identity, Which I thought I had done anyway, but apparently not enough.

While I was there I was given a linking code to associate my Centrelink account with my My Gov app.

Life really was a lot less dramatic before I had any association with Centrelink!

I was working on Saturday. It was very, very quiet. It was also the middle week of the school holidays. I assume people had better things to do than to come and see the doctor. The phone calls were about things happening during this coming week rather than for Saturday. Even Melbourne Pathology was very quiet and that is usually very busy on Saturdays.

We finished on time and I came home via the Woollies in Bundoora. Lindsey, who had come from East Melbourne rather than Mount Helen, went via La Manna. I got home and made a Hairy Bikers' old fashioned chicken stew. I used to make it quite often, when we lived in Tupton. I don't remember having made it since we came to Mount Helen. If I have, it's only once or twice. It's enough for four and there's only one of me. The other three portions are in the freezer. I have the makings of a HB lamb curry and a fish gratin. I'm not sure I have enough freezer room though. I may need to reorganise the freezer and see if I can fit a few more containers in. Otherwise, I'll have to eat fast!

Matthew, Belinda, Sage and William were in town yesterday. Ian, Lindsey, Stella and I met them in the Buninyong pub for lunch. There were options for the vegetarian, vegan and omnivores. The plates were delicious and plentiful. There were lots of vegetables with my steak and fondant potato, which is not always the case with pub meals. I did not require anything more than a sandwich in the evening.


It was disappointing that there was not a
pot of gold in the surgery on Saturday morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment