Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, July 15, 2023

I really don't know what happened to last week. It seemed to just vanish.

Wendy came up last weekend. She came up on the train on Saturday. Lindsey and I picked her up and we went out to the market by the lake. It really is by the lake at the moment. The paddock it's usually in is waterlogged so it's moved to the path alongside the lakeshore for the rest of the winter. I have to say, it's much easier to walk along a wet path than it is to slither about in the mud.

It was busier than it seems in these photos:





 

We went out to lunch with Stella on Sunday. A return to the Golden Point. My lamb shoulder was delicious - but it needed mashed potato on the side. Had I noticed when I ordered it I would have asked for some. As it was, I had to steal some of Stella and Lindsey's chips!

Wendy stayed until Monday lunchtime. I was working on Wednesday and Friday (and today - I must have a shower and get dressed soon). A Handygirl from Delacombe came and washed the front windows. I really must do the rest myself. It was rather nice watching someone else washing the windows (and the cats were fascinated) but it is quite profligate. I spent some time up at Hill House with Rupert and Hugo. I visited Stella and Jim. I seemed to be remarkably busy with various bits and pieces

Not being busy!

And now I must have that shower and get dressed. I am in Westgarth so it will only take 20 minutes or so to get to work but I am definitely not ready for the day. First, though, another cup of tea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment