Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Tuesday Evening Light @ Tani

By the front door there is a tall, thin window. Yesterday, late afternoon, I looked up from my couch and through that tall, thin window, I saw part of this:



So I went out to look further. When I went out onto the driveway, incidentally getting very wet in pursuit of my "art",  I saw this:



Isn't it beautiful?



Lindsey came out of Aldi today with two grey couch beds for Rupert and Hugo. When I finished work, early today because there wasn't much happening this afternoon, I went in and bought one for my Pretty Kitty Kats. Perhaps I also should have bought a grey one. I'm not sure pink really goes with ginger and cream!

Whiskey


And here's Brandy on an occasional table,
plotting mischief





I have a new broadband provider. I rang Foxtel to cancel the subscription to the sports channels. I had included them in my general subscription when I went to Foxtel because Jim enjoyed watching various different sports and I thought it would provide some interest and entertainment. He hasn't really watched them for some time now and nobody at all has watched them since he went into care. To my relief, they didn't argue with me but did ask if I wanted to include broadband in my subscription, with various little inducements to tempt me.

So I did.

The modem arrived a few days ago. They had arranged the cancellation of my previous provider. Everything went live today - and it took FOR EVER to make the modem connect to the internet! The steady red light flatly refused to change to a steady blue one :-( Eventually I went off piste, ignored the instructions and put the yellow cable in the red port. And lo - it works beautifully.

If you have previously connected to my home wifi, sorry but you'll have to do it again. And it's no wonder that I'm generally very reluctant to change any kind of service. It never goes as smoothly as you might hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment