Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, August 09, 2022

Garden

I got out into the garden yesterday afternoon and carried on putting together the new fruit beds along the back fence

(I still have terrible trouble working out what to call the fences; they don't make logical sense, to me, for "front" "side" and "back" but nevertheless, that is what I am going to call them!)

I have almost run out of the wooden raised bed kits but have enough, I think, to finish the bed along the back and to make a start one the next one. I've also started tidying up in the vegetable area - not that you can tell, looking at it as it is now!

It's another lovely day today, so I might get chance to do a bit more.

Fruit bed has gooseberry and black currant bushes in,
with lemon trees at either end.
Rhubarb and blueberries still to go in.

This is the chaos which was once a functioning
vegetable garden.
It will function again. I hope!


I have also pruned the rosemary bush out the front, and some of the wattle which overhangs the fruit bed (I need to do a bit more of that, plus the eucalypts which overhang the side fence and some of the bushes out the front). This has garnered me some things to put in my vases:



Oh - and I've pushed the TV back on the diagonal in the corner of the lounge room. Having it flat against the wall unbalanced the room. And I could only see it from one seat. Where it is now I can see it from both couches and from the dining room. And it looks better!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment