Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, January 02, 2020

New Year's Day

We began the new year, the new decade (I don't care what other people say, to me decades start on the 0 years), as we hope to go on. We had a luncheon party.

Rupert and Hugo came, walking down the hill, with Lindsey and Ian attached to leads.

We had prawn cocktails to start, inspired by the prawn cocktails Chris served the last time we were at her place.  I had prawns.  I had avocado. I had lettuce. I had mango. I had small bowls.  I didn't have thousand island dressing (Marie Rose sauce by another name) but that was easily acquired.

We had slow roasted turkey breast with roasted potatoes, lots of green vegetables, gravy and wine.

We had mochi sweets that, to my surprise, I found in Coles in Summerhill.

Then Rupert and Hugo took Lindsey and Ian, on their leads, back up the hill to Hill House.



Rupert was a bit on the hot side when he arrived

Hugo found the dog chews and refused to put his down

After lunch with Frannie (Photo by Ian)

Hugo and Rupert pulling Lindsey back up the hill
(Photo by Ian)


I found a redback spider in the garage today when I was putting the Christmas tree away.  I hope that is not a Sign of Things to Come. I can live without loads of redbacks in the garage. Other spiders are more than welcome. Not redbacks

It is a very, very long time since I last saw a redback but I recognised its web and the spider itself immediately. Both the web and the spider have now been removed.  While I was about it, I de-webbed the outside of the house.  There were spider webs and cobwebs all over the place, to the point that someone had started building a web across the laundry door! This was optimistic of it.  We go in and out of that door quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment