Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, December 31, 2018

The InterFest

I do not usually work in the week between Christmas and New Year, although last year I did work on one of the days.  I don't remember having worked on New Year's Eve, pretty much ever.

This year I worked on Friday. And I am working today.  It has been very hard to remember about working today.  In my head it is a holiday!

We did do holiday things, though, during the strange time that is the interval between Christmas and New Year.  Stella stayed up at Hill House until Saturday and on Thursday she, Jim, Ian and I went out for lunch.

"Let's go to the place where blossom falls on your head," suggested Stella.  I was just thinking that Japan was a long way to go for lunch (and is in the wrong season) when she explained that she meant the place where we had sat in what had once been an outside area and blossom had fallen through the rafters.  Ah yes.  Webster's.  No where near as far as Japan.  And open for lunch.  So that is where we went.  We didn't sit outside this time. It was very hot and there is no air conditioning in the outside area.  We sat inside in the coolth.  (Lindsey couldn't join us.  She was working.)

Jim and I took Stella home on Saturday and stayed over. We went to the Dava for Sunday lunch, then left her on her own at home and returned to Mount Helen.

I must say that I was very impressed with the amount of space you get in Ziggy's boot when you put half the back seat down.  We had been a bit worried that we wouldn't fit two small suitcases, a walker and all the Christmas stuff in. But we did.  With ease.  We could have put lots more in with some judicious packing.  And Jim wasn't squashed in the remaining back seat.  We would easily get two Great Danes in if we put both back seats down.

Speaking of Great Danes, today is the first anniversary of Hugo's arrival at Hill House. He came on New Year's Eve last year as a 10 month old puppy.

Happy Gotcha Day, Hugo

Hugo, December 2017
Hugo, December 2018



No comments:

Post a Comment