Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Eve

It was warm and sunny - although fortunately, not too hot.

Jim and I went up to Lindsey and Ian's place at half past nine and Jim and Stella stayed and looked after the dogs while Lindsey and I went out for a few last minute things.  I knew we had to collect the seafood, and I knew there would be a long queue.  I hadn't thought about going into the supermarket, although I needed rice flour and Lindsey needed light globes.  I thought we would get them in the IGA. Instead we went into Coles - which I have to say wasn't as busy as I expected. We came out with more than rice flour and light globes!  We bought some mattresses (not in the supermarket!!!) for revellers who will be sleeping on the floor at Hill House.  We will not be among them. Wendy, Jim and I will be sleeping at Tani. Wendy is not a drinker so she will drive us down after the festivities and stay in our spare room.  She will be the first overnight guest in the new spare room.

We went to Pipers by the Lake for lunch, and very nice it was too.

Lindsey, festive and waiting for lunch

though this is a more typical pose when Lindsey is waiting for something :-D


Frannie and Jim
Frannie and Stella


This was a nice bottle of wine. Nice and light, suitable for summer
Also vegan friendly and gluten free. How often is there gluten in white wine, I wonder

We all went out to the Avalon nursery so Lindsey could buy a bird bath, and then out to the Elaine farm shop to see what they had.  Then Jim and I went home and Lindsey and Stella went back to Hill House.

Jim and I had a seafood curry for Christmas Eve dinner. I had intended to watch the Kings College carols, or possibly even Carols by Candlelight, but was diverted by Festive food programs and forgot - until I was just off to bed and Austin sent me a message asking if I was watching carols.  Oops!

Even so, it was a good Christmas Eve.  Calmer and more peaceful than Christmas Day is likely to be!

And now it is early on Christmas morning.  The sun is shining. The day looks set fair.  Merry Christmas to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment