Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The weather was still a bit grim on Sunday.  Not as grim as it had been on Saturday, but still not particularly pleasant.

Jim went up to Hill House to help Lindsey put a new, electronic lock on the front door. I stayed at Tani no uchi and pottered around and made preparations for Sunday lunch.

Jim rang.  Please could I come and get him (I had the car) and take him to Bunnings.  I remonstrated a bit.  I was in the middle of preparing Sunday lunch.  Then I remembered that the people who were coming for Sunday lunch were, in fact, Jim and Lindsey. They were unlikely to complain if lunch was late.  We couldn't have it anyway until they both arrived.

We went to Bunnings.

Coming back we drove past a Mitre Ten, much closer to Mount Helen and which would almost certainly have had what Jim wanted. We drove past it on our way TO Bunnings and didn't give it a thought. Next time we'll try there first!

Lindsey and Jim eventually turned up for lunch, and very delicious it was too. I do very much enjoy a good Sunday roast. When Lindsey arrived she had with her half a dozen bottles of white wine which she said were surplus to requirements at her place.  I have never before heard of such a thing. How can white wine be surplus to requirements?  But I was more than happy to give the bottles cupboard space!

Booze cupboard satisfactorily full.
And still plenty of beer for Jim

We moved up to Hill House on Monday.  Lindsey had to leave for work very early and no one will be back until at least Sunday.  I left for work yesterday morning and got there to find a fair degree of chaos.  The Surgery computer systems were down!  I hung around until lunchtime in the hope that they would come back up and I could get on with the scanning and the various other things I had waiting to be done.  At lunchtime I gave up and came back to Ballarat.  There is very little that I can do without the computer system.  There didn't seem to be any point going down today.  I don't want to be driving up and down the Western Freeway everyday.  I'll go in again on Friday. Assuming the systems are up and running again.

The dogs were happy that we were here.  It was on the chilly side first thing this morning - about 5d when I got up.  They appreciated the nice, warm, cosy bed!


A Great Dane jigsaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment