Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, February 08, 2018

Time passes - WOOOOOOOOOOSH

We've had a busy few days.

There was the Bridge Mall market on Saturday morning.

Lindsey and Ian are still house hunting.

Lindsey, Jim and I went to Castlemaine on Sunday morning to check out the farmers' market and the artists' market. Jim had never been to Castlemaine and it's years and years since either Lindsey or I had been.  It's a pretty drive and it was a nice day for it.

We enjoyed both the markets. The farmers' market had lots of interesting things to eat and ingredients to buy, and the artists' market had lots of lovely things to look at. And buy! We left with Lindsey's trolley pretty much full.

On the way back we called into the Sunday Trash and Treasure market in Daylesford. It's much bigger than we anticipated but we had a good wander around.  I bought myself a bowl to use as a fruit bowl when I have a kitchen of my own. We don't need a new fruit bowl in Lindsey and Ian's kitchen. They have several!


Cost me the princely sum of $2
We were diverted, as we approached Lindsey and Ian's driveway, by the sight of their neighbour heading towards us, flagging us down.  She had a blue tongue lizard stuck in a wire mesh fence and was looking for extra pairs hands to help rescue it.  Off up her driveway we went and she and Lindsey spent several minutes cutting around the lizard trying to release it without (i) getting bitten by it or (ii) cutting into it with the wire or the wire cutters.  It must be said that it was well and truly stuck.


The lizard is free
and ran away before it could be put in a box and taken to the vet for a check up
This week is proceeding in a fairly orderly manner. I left Mount Helen early on Tuesday morning for a reception shift at the surgery, abandoning Jim and the dogs to look after things for themselves. Now I am at Mount Martha. Tony has an appointment at the oncologist in Heidelberg at lunchtime and I am the taxi driver.

I have had a nice couple of walks this week.  I had a lovely potter in the Fitzroy gardens on Tuesday evening, where, rather to my surprise,  I encountered a dragon.  This morning I went for a walk down to the beach road and had a trundle along there .  I am determined that this year I will get to my target of a minimum of 700 km :-)


An unexpected dragon in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment