Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Petit Tracteur

Petit Tracteur is the baby sister of Ten Minutes by Tractor. Jim and I had never been to either, although Stella and Tony have been to Ten Minutes. I don't think they had been to the Petit Tracteur since it had been bought by Ten Minutes.

Stella, I think, would have liked to go to Ten Minutes for lunch on Sunday.  However, to get a table at the weekend you need to book well in advance.  They managed to get a table at the Petit Tracteur but only for a booking at 2.  Jim and I can do Sunday lunch at 2, particularly if we are being treated to a very nice lunch out.  We often don't have Sunday lunch until 1:30 anyway.

So I drove out to Main Ridge.  We managed to get Stella down from the car park to the restaurant. (Memo to self: next time take the wheelchair and a strong young person to push it back up the hill!) The charming staff showed us to our table. Everyone was very  cheerful.




Petit Tracteur  menu (I really wish there was a "Le" at the beginning!)

You can have a selection of Ten Minutes' wines

Stella and Tony had duck.  Jim and I had pork loin. The duck came with orange things. The pork, unsurprisingly, came with apple things. We also had chips and French peas on the side.  It was all very yummy 

My delicious plate of pork loin

We didn't really need dessert. But we had it anyway.  Chocolate mousse to share. Tony wasn't going to have any. Wasn't hungry any more. No more to et for him.  Stella persuaded him to have a mouthful. He ate his half of their plate :-D  I didn't get a photo of it, alas. But it was made even more delicious by the passionfruit cream and seeds on the side.

Happy diners:



I don't know why Jim and I deserved such a treat, but we were very grateful indeed.

Jim drove us all back to Mount Martha and then drove me back to Mount Helen.  I didn't make him drive - he volunteered all of his own volition. (He will have a small amount of wine with a meal before driving; I won't. And it was rather nice to have the opportunity to try some of the Ten Minutes' pinot)

No comments:

Post a Comment