Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, June 22, 2013

London

I was in London for a meeting during last week.  I couldn't meet Freyja after the meeting - she was in Brighton being a Groupie.  (Simon's band was playing at a pub in Brighton).  So I took myself to Piccadilly Circus and had a lovely browse in the Japan Centre and then went for an early dinner at Toku, next to the Japan Centre.  If you are there before 5:30 on weekdays you can have a pre-theatre bento box for the princely sum of £11.  I might not have been off to the theatre, but I couldn't turn down a bento box



The meal included a black sesame seed ice cream but I had scoffed that before I remembered my camera :-S

You'll have to be quick if you want to visit Toku though.  It's closing down in September ;-(  Its lease is up. They're looking for a new premises but haven't found one yet. Such a pity - it's a fabulous restaurant

1 comment: