Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Hairy Dieters

I have been watching with some pleasure the latest Hairy Bikers' television series called "The Hairy Dieters: how to love food and lose weight". I have also been very much enjoying the companion book and have been making several of the recipes.

I made a really delicious sweet and sour chicken, substituting the pineapple (which I do not much enjoy eating) with mango slices. I also reduced everything by half given that there are only two of us and the recipe is supposed to feed four!   It was so good I've made it a couple of times since.

I've made other things from the book too, like the chilli mince (lighter on the chilli than the recipe, and I used taco shells rather than tortilla wraps). The food is all very delightful. And if you came to dinner and I fed you from the recipe collection you would definitely not accuse me of feeding you diet food!

We had this paella for Sunday lunch, minus the mussels only because I wasn't convinced by the freshness of the mussels I had bought for it and I had no wish to give us food poisoning! (Oh - and I cooked it at home rather than at the beach but I don't think that really counts as a recipe variation :-D  )



No comments:

Post a Comment