Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, September 30, 2011

Spaghetti sauce

I decided that we would have spaghetti for dinner, so took some mince from the freezer to defrost while I went out and earned the money to support the kitchen :-)

When I got home I fried the mince and set it aside while I prepped some veg to add to it.

I sauteed some onion pieces and a couple of cloves of garlic (mushed) and then added lots of chopped tomatoes from our vari-coloured tomato crop.  I added the chopped stalks of some rainbow chard and some chopped zucchini. Then when it was all nearly done I added some sweet corn and the chard leaves, and some marjoram.  All of this came from the garden and the allotment.

When it was all cooked up, this is what I had


It really, really didn't need the mince. It looked delicious all on its own.

However, I had already fried the mince and it doesn't do to be wasteful. So I put it into half of the vegetable stew. The other half I put, meat-free, into the freezer for another time.

It's very pretty - isn't it

No comments:

Post a Comment