Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, September 17, 2011

A summery/autumnal abundance


We have tomatoes and zucchini in abundance and a goodly haul of chard. Onions in the freezer. So I decided to make a big pot of vegetable stew


So I put a good few pieces of frozen onion in the bottom of my stew pot and then diagonally sliced the zucchini and put them on top


I pulled several stalks of ruby chard with their leaves and roughly chopped them


And added them to the pot


Then I chopped a huge bowlful of lots of different coloured tomatoes and put them in


and mixed everything around together. I haven't added herbs or garlic, so I can flavour things later.

I put the stew pot, covered with its lid, in a low oven for 2.5 hours


And this is what it looks like.  It smells amazing. I'll divide it up when it's gone cold and freezer it

No comments:

Post a Comment