Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Sunday, September 05, 2010

New Pasta Machine

The Pasta Fairy unexpectedly delivered unto me a brand new pasta making machine during the week.  That was very exciting.  And, of course, meant that I had to make pasta over the weekend.

So I made prawn ravioli (not altogether successfully - I have yet to master the ravioli moulds.  Still - it tasted nice.  I must just practise more!) I poached a brown trout (courtesy of our neighbour Steve who goes fishing in the Derwent river near Chatsworth) in some chicken broth with onion, garlic, prawns, tomato and grated courgette and then simmered the ravioli in the same broth.  It was very delicious.

And for dessert, at the suggestion of the Pasta Fairy, I made chocolate spaghetti which we had with a raspberry and chocolate cream sauce.  That was absolutely amazing.  I've never made sweet spaghetti before.  I'll certainly make it again!

There was left over trout this morning.  I made The Builder kedgeree for his Sunday morning breakfast.

Rolling the dough for the prawn ravioli

Assembling the ravioli in the ravioli tin

Strictly speaking, the ravioli were supposed to come out ready cut!

Making the chocolate spaghetti

Spaghetti drying on the pasta tree. (I know the photo is a bit fuzzy!)

Chocolate spaghetti in a raspberry and chocolate sauce

Pasta machine fully assembled

No comments:

Post a Comment