Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Something is conspiring against me getting to my Japanese classes this term.

I missed week one in January when the classes were cancelled because of the snow

I missed week two because I was on my way back from Edinburgh and didn’t get back until after 10pm. A bit late for evening classes!

I actually managed to get to week three :-)

I missed week four because the class was cancelled because Mina Sensei couldn’t get there. Not much point having a Japanese class without the teacher

I missed week five because I didn’t get back from Peter’s funeral in time

And there was no class this week because it is half term and the school is closed for a week.

It is just as well that I have hiragana flash cards, an audio book on my iPod, practice sheets in my folder, a daughter who sets me challenges and a son to nag me to keep on with it!

The upside of missing the class last night was that I had a chance to watch the local BBC news and discovered that the Hairy Bikers were not only going to be in Wakefield last night – but in Sheffield tonight. Not only that, when I checked the City Hall website, there were still tickets available. The Builder and I are going tonight to see the Hairy Bikers. I’m very excited. They are also going to be in Chesterfield tomorrow night, but that is sold out. No worries. We can do Sheffield!

They are forecasting more snow for later today. I hope the Hairy Bikers don’t get snowed off!

My Macbook isn’t very happy :-( The screen has gone all peculiar. I realise that when the last (Windows) laptop lost its screen I declared it to be beyond repair and insisted it be replaced – it had been severely irritating both The Builder and me for months before the screen went. But my Mac is only two years old and, apart from a very suddenly dodgy screen, is working perfectly well. I must find a Mac Hospital for it to go to

No comments:

Post a Comment