Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Extremely quiet weekend

We don't often get them - but that was the most extraordinarily quiet weekend.

So quiet there is virtually nothing to report.

We made it to Chatsworth on Saturday, and to the Dunstan Hall garden centre.

I made a couple of pots of soup, a cake and a slow cooked shoulder of lamb (drank a whole bottle of red wine, did that lamb!)

We sat around and messed about on our computers.

Oh - and I had a hair cut and dropped into the Wingerworth library.

And do you know - I think that was it. I don't think we actually did anything else at all.

It was lovely.

But I do think that next weekend I had perhaps better tidy the house. It is emphatically not visitor ready :-D

Stop Press, later:

I've just bought tickets to the River Cottage Summer Party, hosted by Hugh Fearnley Wotsit and some of his River Cottage pals for the first weekend in July. I'm ever so excited :-) I've booked me a long weekend off work, and I've booked what looks like a lovely bed and breakfast in Axminster. And that will pretty much be our summer holiday. My leave for this year is taken up with three weeks in Australia in April and two weeks off in December. No time left for a proper summer holiday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment