Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Update

These tulips are such a pretty colour. I don't ordinarily like tulips much (such blowzy flowers!) but these are rather elegant. I hope they colonise


The flower garden is settling in well. I've been using the mint. I'm not sure the bog sage is going to come back, though. I don't think the plants are dead, exactly, but there's no growth in them yet. I have bought another one, which is settling in reasonably well. I might dig some of it up in the autumn and overwinter it in the "conservatory".

The Builder has finished both greenhouses on the allotment. They are now ready and waiting for planting. However, the seedling are only (tiny voice) this (/tiny voice) big and nowhere near ready to go in. But they will be! It's nice and warm in the greenhouses.


I've also planted some seed onions which one of the allotmenteers gave The Builder yesterday. My sets aren't quite big enough to go out yet. Another couple of weeks, I reckon. Oh - and *one* of those squillions of potatoes is now showing above ground. I hope more come up. One potato plant is not going to see us through the winter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment