Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday update

Bugger! It's Friday. I realise I'm on leave this week but thought I'd better come in to my course, because last week was Good Friday, the week before was a Group Work day so we met in small groups, the week before I was in Norfolk. Figured if I didn't come in, the tutors might decide I'd left :-S. Got up bright and early this morning (though it is, in fact, extremely foggy). Checked my email to make sure the course hadn't been cancelled. Checked the handbook to see what we were doing. Trundled in, driven by The Builder who took pity on me having to come by public transport in the fog. Arrived at the room, to find one or two other fellow students loitering about but no other students and no tutors. Bums! We had each checked the course handbook, but not the online up-dated course schedule. Which we knew had been updated quite severely since the original publication of the handbook in September. And which said that this week was one of the two Easter Holiday weeks. So no course :-S Bugger.

Well, I'm here now and have arranged to take Monday morning off, in lieu of this morning, and Monday afternoon just because. Might as well find something useful to do. Fortified with an egg and bacon sandwich from the student refectory. Which was occupied by staff but no students when I called in for the sandwich just after 9!!

We had a good day yesterday. Amongst other things, we spent The Builder's birthday money. We have bought a park bench for the orchard, for sitting on in the evenings. The sun travels around the whole garden in the course of the day; we can now (almost) follow it too. Once the patio is finished and we have put another park bench there, we will be able to sit in the sun all day by judicious choice of park bench! We also bought an arch for the front door and another climbing rose to go up it. I just need to think of a way to prevent people from trying to use the front door now I have moved the hydrangea from in front of it. Triffid, anyone?

I've cleared and tidied up my shed. It's wonderful. I can find things. I seemed to have an extraordinary number of plastic flower pots of various sizes. I've had a cull!

No comments:

Post a Comment