Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Easter Holidays

... are upon us. Hooray! I finish work tomorrow at 17:00 and don't come back until 09:00 on WEDNESDAY 19th! Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Saturday The Builder and I are going to the Lake District. We are staying in the Haweswater Hotel on the side of Haweswater. I believe it is quite isolated. I am telling you all this now because the hotel is not in mobile phone signal range, and doesn't have phones (or TVs or radios!!!) in the bedrooms, so we will effectively be incommunicado. I will take our travel radio with us and a CD player, not to mention my stitching, a plentiful supply of books and my walking boots, so we should have things to amuse ourselves with. Also we are unlikely to remain wedded to the hotel and may well drive through mobile signal coverage, so may pick up text messages. However, in the event that you need us for dire, dreadful emergencies (though I would be obliged if we could all avoid such eventualities!) the hotel number is +44 (0)1931 713235.

Have a great Easter, everyone. Let's all stay whole, hale and hearty, whilst frolicking merrily and enjoying our various Easter Feasts and fandangos. All things being equal I shall report on the weekend's excitements on Wednesday of next week. Though I hope the excitements aren't too exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment