I had a choice this afternoon.
I could (should) sweep and wash the floors, carpet sweep the rugs, dust the furniture, including the piano, and do several other useful things.
OR
I could go for a walk to the river.
The sun was shining. It was a beautiful afternoon. I abandoned the useful things. I needed to go out and buy some flowers and a card, anyway, so I was being sort of useful. Sort of.
I set off and decided to go down a road I can see from my place but which I haven't ever been down. It goes along the other side of Docklands Park. I very often go along the Harbour Esplanade side of Docklands Park, most often on the tram but sometimes on foot. I hadn't been down this side - in fact, I wasn't really aware that there was a "this side" of the park. And there were LOADS of things there that I had no idea existed!
I had absolutely no idea. I should go exploring more often.
I reached the river just as the office workers were heading back after their lunch breaks, although there were still people around. I don't come over to the river very often. I more often walk around Victoria Harbour, which strictly speaking is an inlet of the river and then usually for practical purposes. Anyway - come with me for a stroll along the water:
I came home, having bought the flowers and card, to find the harbour shimmering in the spring sunshine.
The floors are still not swept. The rugs remain dotted with cat fur. The dusting is undone. And I don't care. I would say it could wait until tomorrow but I am working tomorrow and Thursday. It will all have to wait until Friday, which is a public holiday. However, Brandy is reminding me that he and Whiskey have absolutely no intention of waiting until Friday for their dinner 😹

















No comments:
Post a Comment