The Enterprize, Docklands, August 2026

Tuesday, September 22, 2026

A week in early spring

We are just about at the spring equinox in the southern hemisphere. It is getting light now when I get up, usually just before 6am. It is still light 12 hours later. We are almost at the change to daylight saving time. Summer is lurking on the horizon.

Sunset, from my lounge window

It was 27d on Sunday, plummeting to something like 13 or 14d yesterday. Proper spring weather (although 27d is a touch on the warm side for September!) It was a perfect day for the Docklands monthly market, which Lindsey, Freyja and Simon joined me for 



Morning light from my window

From the esplanade


Farmers' Market

A new Japanese restaurant has recently opened next to my local supermarket. I'm told it has been two years in the making, although I have only been watching it for a few months. Lindsey and I went to check it out on Saturday and it was lovely. It does do a proper menu but we chose from the more izakaya-like menu and shared skewers and sushi









There was more Japanese food last night. Ian was in town and sent out an invitation to Freyja, Simon and me to join him and Lindsey at Kinyoubi in Fitzroy.



I've recently been playing Cat TV programs on the TV. You can find them on Youtube. I've had to stop doing that. Brandy has been trying to get at the birds and squirrels and chipmunks and I could see me ending up with no TV and no cat! So I've been playing them on my laptop (wouldn't be quite as disastrous if the laptop was knocked over).





Otherwise, last week trundled along. Matt and Will called in briefly on Thursday. I went to Japanese in the city in the evening and did two first thing in the morning Zoom classes during the week. I went in to work on Friday.  I've been practising my piano, badly, and doing my daily puzzles, vocab practice and gentle exercises.  

It was quite a pleasant week, all told.

My lemon tree seems to be enjoying life too

No comments:

Post a Comment