Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Spring

Hill House, parking area

Bottom of the Hill House drive,
eucalyptus flowers

Daffodils at my place

Snow peas growing vigorously

 
Wattles at my place,
a week or so behind those at Hill House

You would have had every reason to think that spring is on its way. The wattles are in bloom, spring flowers are starting to flower. The soil is warming up. We have had some sunny, almost warm days.

Alas, I fear that spring is merely toying with us. The past few days have been cold, gloomy and damp. This morning we have had a storm and it is very cold and rainy. Winter is positively gloating as it returns itself, front and centre. 

I had almost found my gardening mojo, which has been missing for some while. Freyja said she thought it might be in the garden, so I went hunting one sunny day a week or so ago - and there it was, lurking in a grassy corner. I went to grab it and it slipped out of my grasp and is hiding somewhere in the wind and rain, the long grass, the overgrown garden beds.

As I survey the garden through a rain-splashed window and watch the trees over the side fence dancing in the wind, a flat with a balcony somewhere in Docklands is Very Tempting! But I certainly couldn't put this place on the market with the garden in such disarray, and once spring really does arrive my gardening mojo might return.

Today is not that day 😂


It's a year today since Jim died. I'm not sure what to make of that. I still have a faint sense of Time's wingèd chariot lurking nearby. I have a faint sense that I am waiting for something, although what I do not know. The earth has made another complete revolution around the sun, the season is in flux. Life goes on.

And time passes, very quickly. The morning is almost gone and I have yet to accomplish most of the things I had planned. I really must get a move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment