Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Saturday, August 17, 2024

A Busy Thursday

Before the Handygirls came on Thursday the driveway looked like this:




And after:


I had been slowly, slowly, slowly chopping down a bush that was in this spot. The Handygirls finished it off for me. I am intending to put the leftover pavers here as a standing spot for the rubbish/recylcing/green waste bins. Although, it may not be big enough when/if the glass recycling bin ever comes.



The agapanthus down the side of the driveway are much tidier, although I will still need to cut back a couple by the little wall with the mail boxes. I do not like agapanthus. They seem to think that their whole reason for being is to take over the whole known universe. I would have them out if I could afford it. Then I would replace them with native ground covers. Or something. But that is way down the bottom of my list of things to do and will almost certainly never happen.

Then the Handygirls came inside and now my little-used study, which mostly held things that needed sorting out, looks like this:



It is a child's bed, really, but at least it makes my place a three bedroom house, rather than two bedrooms and study. I need to get curtains or a blind for the window. It somehow got missed when I bought blinds for the place after we purchased it.


It may not often/ever have a person sleeping
on it, but Brandy and Whiskey think it's ok


This also arrived on Thursday:



I now have flights booked for Japan in October.

And the gas has finally been properly disconnected. The gas supply company had been harassing "The Occupier" pretty much since I closed my account, with increasingly threatening letters. I would ring them. They would say that I should ignore the letters because I no longer had any responsibility for the gas account. And on Thursday morning, while I was out, a bloke came and turned it completely off. The meter is still there, so any future owner can have it reconnected if they wish. I am happy with my solar panels and my "all electric house".

All in all, Thursday was quite a busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment