Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Tani's first birthday

Today marks the one year anniversary since we took possession of Tani.

So we bought it a present (It's a present for us, really, but don't tell Tani)


It couldn't go where I intended it to go, in the far corner of the dining room. The installer said it would run up against the roof ridges and potentially cause the roof to collapse.  A collapsed roof didn't seem entirely desirable so we put it next to the kitchen bench. Possibly a better site, come to think about it. The fan points directly into the lounge room.

The installer says that the roof rafters are somewhat baffling. Instead of running in the usual pattern they are laid in all sorts of odd patterns.  I have a recollection of the Foxtell installer saying something similar, except that he said that it was a difficult roof space to work with. Anyway, the installer and his son managed to get the fire and its funnel installed in around 2 hours, which wasn't bad going. And as long as the roof rafters do their job, their pattern doesn't affect me particularly. Although, if I have solar light panels installed, which I am intending to in the kitchen, hallway and possibly the lounge room, I will try and remember to warn the light installer.

Jim had to go for some scans and tests yesterday so, while we were out, I called at the service station to fill the car and to buy some firewood.  It's an expensive way of buying firewood if you are intending to use it for actual home heating, but it was a birthday present after all. I'll get some wood from a more sensible source once I can go out and about again.

It was nice and warm and cosy yesterday evening.




As predicted, the lockdown has been extended, by a week this time. I have checked with Lindsey that she hasn't told everyone that I won't be at work today because of the lockdown.  And she hasn't. So I am up early and I am about to get organised and head to Reservoir. And Ziggy can go in for its service. But we can't go to Marlo on Monday for the week, as planned. Just as well that I had already moved it to September! 

No comments:

Post a Comment