Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Shopping

So we headed out to Elaine to the Farm Shop and got most of what I wanted.  However, they didn't have any red cabbage. I wanted to make a red cabbage coleslaw, which is a bit difficult if you don't have red cabbage.

So we went to Spring Creek, where they had had red cabbage, and several other colours of cabbage the last time I was there.

They have expanded since I was there a couple of weeks ago.  They had a new shed filled with loads of different kinds of pumpkins and cabbages and cauliflowers.  It was a vegetable heaven!



They had red cabbage :-) I made the red cabbage coleslaw, with beetroot, carrot and apple as well as the cabbage. Was delicious!

We didn't go to Woolies.  I decided that I couldn't be bothered so we went back home and I put in an online order. Online ordering has more or less returned to normal and there were plenty of delivery slots available.  The only issue I have with online ordering is that you get more short dated perishables than you would if you chose things yourself.  I asked for a tray of mixed vegetables for roasting, which I had in mind for Sunday.  Alas, the use by date was yesterday so we had them for Friday dinner instead.  I was a bit miffed because the order was delivered on Thursday. Had I done the selecting myself I'm fairly certain there would have been longer dated trays.  I wouldn't necessarily have worried about the use by date, but some of the vegetables were beginning to look bit sorry for themselves.

This has gone up at the bottom of the driveway:


Uh oh!  Time to go and have a chat with the bank, I think.  We have a reasonable deposit available from when we sold The Sidings in Tupton. Not quite enough to buy anything in Ballarat outright. Enough, though, perhaps to persuade the bank to lend us enough to buy something. I'm beginning to get a bit paranoid.  We rent something and the owner decides to sell us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment