Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Time Bandits

I swear there are time bandits lurking in my house.

At first, whole mornings would just disappear.  I would sit down first thing to do my French or Japanese vocab practice which takes 10 minutes, 15 minutes tops and suddenly hours had disappeared and I was running seriously late for things.

Then it was days that vanished.

And now it is entire weeks.  Gone.  Just like that!

(I worry that the time bandits will soon start to steal months, years or even decades - and then where will I be???)

It's not even as though nothing has happened.  It's been quite busy in my world recently. I have had plenty to write about but no time to write it.

Hugo got better and is now behaving as though nothing had ever gone wrong.

We had a visitor last weekend. Flora came to lunch on Sunday, bringing Irene with her.


Flora, checking out the garden


Chris, John and Gillie came too.  We had a Picnic in the House, with cheeses and pates, barbecued chicken and lamb, roast veggies and steamed green things.

We had a trifle, using my new trifle bowl. It had no alcohol in it so everyone could have some.  It was very delicious.  I have rediscovered a liking for trifle





We had our 6 monthly rental inspection during the week. I think we must have passed it.  The estate agent asked, somewhat anxiously, if we had any intention of moving.  I have no intention of doing anything quite that energetic, although we are going overseas for a month in two weeks. (See, I said we had time bandits in the house. The overseas trip is AGES away. Or it was. When I organised it)

It is very foggy today.  We are having autumn weather at the moment. We are wearing jumpers. And it's still February.  We really should be complaining about how hot it is.

Right.  I'd better go and do useful things before the time bandits steal all of Saturday.  But first, a cup of tea, I think. (And there goes Saturday morning.  Just Like That!)

No comments:

Post a Comment