Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Busy, Busy, Busy

Last Sunday was calm enough. Lunch with Stella at a new (to us) pub in Mornington.  I think Stella had been there before, but a long time ago. Jim and I had not been there. I had driven past the Mornington Hotel many times but hadn't paid it much attention. Stella said that she had been told that the food was good so we decided to give it a go.

They have an interesting menu. You don't often see King George whiting on a pub menu. Stella LERVS King George Whiting. My lamb backstrap was delicious. The chips passed the pub chip test. My only complaint would be that there was far too much protein and not enough green and orange stuff, for me at least.  I would have preferred half the amount of lamb and green beans or asparagus or baby carrots to supplement the spinach  and baby potatoes that my meat came with. (No chips for me, I had to pinch some of Stella's to apply the chip test.)

After that, the week went bonkers.  I was expecting it. It wasn't a surprise. The surgery had been expecting to move to a new computer system from Friday to Sunday. Much preparation had to be done. The surgery was to be closed on Friday and Saturday (we aren't open on Sundays). The computer people were busy. We were busy.  But we were, more or less, ready.

Then on Thursday the computer changeover was postponed.

We re-opened the surgery on Friday but not Saturday. We did quite well. By the end of Friday the doctors who came in had been pretty much filled up. It wasn't a bad day.  And we are still ready for the changeover when it happens.

Today is the 29th of February. Jim has found it very confusing when the radio or television have declared it to be Saturday the 29th of February. There are only 28 days in February.  He hadn't realised that this is a leap year.  

We have been busy today too, but busy in a different sort of way. Lindsey, Jim and I went out to the Wendouree shopping centre this morning.  I don't go there very often but they have a shoe shop that I wanted to go to. I don't actually have any shoes, only sandals and sometimes you need a pair of actual shoes.  Jim and I did a bit of gardening and a bit of pottering and a bit of sorting. Much more relaxing than preparing for a computer changeover!

Tomorrow Lindsey and Ian are coming for lunch then on Monday Jim and I are taking ourselves to Melbourne and then heading to London for a month pottering around in England, with a week wombling around in France, Spain and Switzerland by train in the middle of it all. One reason why I need some proper shoes - it was cold and wet in Salisbury yesterday. Definitely not sandal weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment