Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Feasting

It was a very festive weekend.

The RMG Christmas party was on Friday evening, at a pizza place in Strathmore. Lindsey, Jim and I went by train - and got rained on going from the tram to Parliament station. Ian came by car from Bacchus Marsh, didn't get rained on but also couldn't have much to drink. The good news from Lindsey, Jim's and my point of view was that we got driven home, didn't get rained on and could indulge in the wine and good food.









On Saturday Ian went back to Bacchus Marsh, Lindsey and I did the shops on Smith Street and Brunswick Street and Jim loitered in the flat. He and I had dinner in the Prince Patrick - and were engulfed by a 70th birthday party which appeared around us as we were finishing our dinner.

Sunday saw us making our way to Macedon for lunch at Chris and John's place, together with Irene and Gillie. We went by public transport. Our seniors' cards give us free tram travel at the weekends.  They also give us travel vouchers which can be exchanged for off peak travel in Victoria.  I have never used my vouchers but noticed them on my desk when we were getting ready to head to Melbourne on Friday. I picked them up and exchanged them for train tickets to and from Macedon. All of this meant that our travel to and from Sunday lunch in the country cost us absolutely nothing!  We had a magnificent lunch with good food, plenty of wine and good company.

Breakfast out on Monday at the coffee bar under our feet at the flat and then Jim and I went home.

I am, however, a bit puzzled.  My new-ish work jeans that fitted perfectly well last time I wore them were a bit on the tight side when I put them on yesterday morning. I can't think why

The surgery is getting ready for Christmas




No comments:

Post a Comment