Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, December 23, 2019

A quiet weekend

We didn't really do very much over the weekend.  A little bit of shopping. A bit of tidying. A bit of pottering. A bit of baking.

Apart from that nothing much. We didn't even leave the house and garden yesterday.

We did have a visitor


I think it's a bit shy. It was sat outside the laundry door, quietly, minding its own business. It didn't seem particularly minded to come inside.  I think it might have heard Jim suggesting that we should "remove" it. We may have slightly overdone the warnings about the dangers to be found in some Australian critters!  I might not have been quite as sanguine had a redback spider been sitting by the back door but a huntsman won't hurt you. In fact, they are quite companionable creatures to have around.  They don't usually dash about, but tend to stay in the same place for several days unless disturbed.  They eat flies and other annoying insects. There are worse visitors to have.  Although it must be said that they are definitely alarming if they get into the car and unexpectedly drop on you while you are driving :-D

I wonder if it's still there.  I'll go out shortly and have a look.

Oh - and I have finally sorted out the calendars. I still don't know why some photos could be used and others not, but I converted a load of photos into Jpeg format and they were all acceptable.  Because I made them so late they won't get here until January is well underway.  So I  have made the starting month February.  Recipients of the calendars will be members of a Secret Society who will celebrate New Year's Eve on January 31st, New Year's Day on February 1st and the Queen's Birthday on February 2nd (which is Stella's birthday).

I'm just not sure what I'll do for a kitchen calendar for January 2020.  I may have to draw a calendar for the month so I've got somewhere to put appointments and fun things

No comments:

Post a Comment