Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, May 13, 2019

Birthday dilemma

It was Lindsey's birthday on Saturday and it was very difficult to work out how I could mark it.  She doesn't actually need anything. Anything that she wants, she buys.  I couldn't think of anything to get her.

OK.  I'll do her a birthday lunch.  But not on her actual birthday - she and Ian went to the Lake House in Daylesford for a birthday lunch.  Sunday was Mothers' Day and, although there was a gathering at lunchtime at Mount Martha, it wasn't really a birthday  lunch.

So I took  birthday lunch into work on Friday.  I made a vegetarian quiche and a chicken and mushroom pie.  I made a berry cake.  One of the nurses brought in pomegranate flavoured Turkish delight.  Another brought in chocolate rolls.  The pathology people bought a birthday balloon.  It was all very festive.

I made a not vegetarian quiche and another berry cake for the Mothers' Day lunch.  There was a mighty feast with lots of interesting and yummy things. Not absolutely everyone was there but all of Stella's children were there, accompanied by any partners, and some grandchildren. It was a good gathering.

In other news, we were very sorry to learn yesterday of the death of Kaori's mother, Suzumi San in Japan. It wasn't unexpected but it was still rather sad.  She wasn't very old and she was a lovely, lovely lady.  Vale, lovely Suzumi San.  RIP.

I have been working extra hours over the past month or so.  I'll be working extra extra hours until the end of May.  The extra money is going into my travel fund.  It's beginning to look quite healthy :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment