Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Austin

Austin is in Australia this week for a wedding in Sydney on Sunday.

He flew in to Melbourne last Saturday. Jim and I were in Mount Martha, eating seafood and roast potatoes with Stella.

On Sunday, Lindsey brought Austin, Freyja and Simon to Mount Martha so Austin could see Stella.  We had looked at his schedule and Sunday was really the only time we could get him there.  This wasn't an issue. Sunday is an excellent day to visit.  We all went to the Dava for lunch.  And lest you should be worried about Rupert and Hugo, languishing abandoned and alone back at Hill House, Ian returned from a brief visit to New Zealand on Sunday and went to stay with them overnight.  Jim and I went back to our place after a good visit with Stella.

We came up to Hill House on Monday and here we remain.  Austin and Sunday's groom, Zoy, came to Hill House on Tuesday evening.  They were joined by Austin's former housemates Julia and Ali, and Julia's partner Travis.  We had roasted shoulder of lamb with Yorkshire puddings and loads of veg for dinner, followed by apple pie and custard.  It was a merry evening - in every sense of the word!

Julia and Travis had to leave to pick up Travis' children form Julia's parents place.  Austin, Zoy and Ali stayed over. Jim and I retired to bed at a fairly reasonable time.  Austin, Zoy and Ali stayed up until around 3 am.  This wasn't particularly a problem for Austin and Zoy, who could stay in bed until they chose to get up (although I think they felt a bit rough when they did get up :-D ). Poor Ali had to leave at 6:45. I think he tried to creep out without disturbing anyone, but he had no hope of the dogs not noticing. And in any case, I was up and moving around.

Austin and Zoy went down with me to admire Tani and then went on their way back to Melbourne and thence to Sydney. Jim and I had a nice, quiet day.  You will notice that I was not at work.  I took Tuesday and Wednesday off.  I am beginning to wish that I had taken Friday off too!

We are off to Melbourne today. Jim has an appointment with his dermatologist to have the lesion on his nose cauterised and to have a dubious spot on his back removed.  It's a beautiful morning.  I suppose I should go wild and get dressed

Photo by Simon

Photo by Lindsey



No comments:

Post a Comment