Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Friday, June 15, 2018

And a quiet week

And we did indeed have a quiet couple of days at the end of the weekend.  I made soup and cooked a lamb backstrap for Sunday and Monday evenings.  We dropped down to our place to check up on it and to make sure it remembered us. I made stew for Rupert and Hugo for the week.  Otherwise we didn't do anything very much.

I went down to work on Tuesday morning and stayed over in the flat.

Lindsey and Ian came back from their exciting trip to Canada.

Lindsey reclaimed her car ;-(

She and I came back to Mount Helen late on Wednesday afternoon, leaving Ian languishing in Melbourne.  Rupert and Hugo seemed mildly pleased to see her :-D  Rupert behaved as though he had springs on his feet and their tails wagged and wagged. They were quite pleased to see me too, but I had only been away overnight so my reappearance wasn't quite as exciting as Lindsey's return after almost three weeks.

We stayed at Hill House overnight and then moved all our stuff back down to Tani no uchi yesterday morning.  It was surprising quite how much of our stuff had made its way up there. Last night we abandoned Lindsey to her own devices, and ate and slept at our place for the first time in three weeks.

For mysterious reasons I was awake at 4:30 this morning.  This was slightly annoying because I really needed to be up between 5 and 5:30 and it's hardly worth lying in bed trying to sleep for a mere 30 minutes.  It seemed a bit odd not to be greeted by sleepy Great Danes when I went to put the kettle on, but it was quite nice to get dressed ready for work and not to get muddy marks all over my clean clothes!

It's been a quiet-ish week.

So.  A cup of coffee, I think, and then Lindsey and I will head back to Melbourne for a day in the surgery. I must remember to take the lunches I prepared yesterday evening!

Oh - and after I published this I noted that this is my 1600th blog post. I completely missed the 1500th. I was slightly surprised to note this milestone. When I started the blog, largely by accident, I wasn't expecting to write more than a dozen or so posts.

Right.  Must get ready.  Lindsey will be here soon to pick me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment