Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Saturday, January 02, 2016

Kookaburras

Some weeks ago I was in the shower in Tupton.  It was just before 6 in the morning. It was still dark.  And I became aware that I could hear a kookaburra.  This was a bit disconcerting.  There aren't many kookaburras in Tupton and I have never previously heard one (although someone round about our place appears to have a cockatoo - I'm sure I hear one occasionally and they are hard to mistake!).  Anyway, the bird I could hear from the shower was definitely a kookaburra.  Very odd.  Then I went into the bedroom and The Builder asked me if I had heard the kookaburra on Tweet of the Day. Ah yes.  I had forgotten Tweet of the Day.  My kookaburra had been introduced by David Attenborough :-)

This morning I was woken by the loud laughter of several kookaburras.  Aside from the fact that it was unnecessarily early (something around 6 in the morning :-) ),  it wasn't particularly disconcerting.  There are lots of kookaburras round about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment