Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, June 05, 2008

It would seem that I have not yet done my last shift at Psalter Lane - for here I am again, called up unexpectedly this morning. This is a bit of a dilemma. We are not anticipating closing the library until sometime in AUgust. But you never know. And although I am not rostered here between now and then, I am on the emergency list of people to ask if a gap appears in the rota. So I could come many times between now and then. On the other hand, I might not come at all. What to do? I would not wish to miss my last ever Psalter shift through inattention. But then - it might not be my last Psalter shift, if you see what I mean.

The only solution I have thought of is to treat every shift as though it might be my last. And make sure that I come up in the week of its final closure for a proper farewell.

I was awake when it was time to talk to Tony last evening. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but I was. I am VERY sleepy today, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment