Bell Avenue, Mount Helen August 2024

Monday, August 26, 2024

It was another dark and stormy night

It was Freyja's birthday last weekend but it wasn't convenient to get together to celebrate, so we had her Birthday Lunch yesterday at my place. Lindsey came too, but not Ian. He's currently in Switzerland so not really handy for Sunday Lunch.

Lindsey brought home made seed crackers and various dips. I made roast potatoes (of course) and a vegetable and bean pot pie. I made the pastry topping in the way I usually make shortcrust pastry, except that I used vegan olive spread and oat milk in place of butter and cows' milk. I rather like my vegan pastry - it is very soft and fluffy.

Sunday Lunch in Mount Helen, photos by Freyja:









The BoM had been warning for several days of severe weather across the state on Sunday afternoon, so Freyja and Simon left shortly after lunch, hoping to be ahead of the wind and the rain. It arrived here late in the afternoon and lasted into the evening. It wasn't as bad as it might have been - the wind wasn't as strong as Friday night's. But there was a considerable amount of rain, a hefty dose of hail and lots of thunder and lightning. Lindsey had so much hail bouncing off her front windows that she couldn't hear the thunder. I didn't have quite as much rain and hail, and could definitely hear the thunder. Freyja and Simon got home ahead of the rain, just. They have magnificent views of approaching storms from their lounge room windows.

It is much calmer today, although it is still cold and rainy. But gentle, gardeners' rain rather than stormy rain.



I am very pleased with my three bedrooms. They are looking rather nice - at the moment, while they are still neat and tidy!

Main bedroom
(which is my room)

Guest (second) bedroom


Spare (third) bedroom


No comments:

Post a Comment