Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Sunday, May 30, 2021

A Very Quiet Lockdown Sunday

It has been a lovely day today. The sky was blue, the sun shone, there was no wind. Really lovely. And quite cold! 

There are many things I could and should be doing in the garden but, truth be told, I couldn't be bothered. And it was cold 😜. I do have some "before' photos of the back garden:









Now I just need the "after" photos 😁

I did a little tidying and sorting inside in the morning. We had vegetable soup with crusty bread for lunch. I settled in front of the television in the afternoon and watched the Great British Bake Off 2020 final and a couple of episodes of Strait to the Plate, which is about the food and culture of the peoples of the Torres Strait Islands which lie between the north of the Australian mainland and Papua New Guinea. We had a lamb and vegetable casserole with rice for dinner (soft foods for people with no bottom teeth and a badly fitting lower plate).

And that was Sunday. I didn't wash any windows - and I really should; the ones out the front haven't been done since we moved in and are looking quite sorry for themselves. I didn't sort out the front or the back gardens. I didn't properly clean the dining room floor. I didn't do any Japanese or French practice. I did take advantage of the sunshine and change the bedding on our bed and do loads of washing.

But mostly today has been quite a lazy day. It's now just after 7:30 and I'm more than ready for bed. All of this staying at home is exhausting 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment