Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Shopping

I spent most of the weekend shopping.

Not unusual, I hear you say. You are often to be found shopping. You go to markets and farm shops and the butcher and the greengrocer and the supermarket.

True. I do. And I did. We went to the Lakeside market on Saturday morning. We went to the supermarket. I didn't get to the butcher.

I hardly ever go into Myer. Come to think of it, I don't very often go into any department store.  So I was somewhat surprised to find myself in the Ballarat store not once but twice over the weekend. And, I actually bought something!  Jim and I had gone in with Lindsey (who was intending to buy things) but I had had no actual shopping expectations.  But there, in front of me, was the very thing I had intended to buy for my Christmas present exchange partner on Christmas night.  So I figured I might as well get it, since it was there.

They have been extending the Delacombe Town Centre shopping complex over the last year or so. There is now a Bunnings (think B&Q). We've been into the Bunnings a couple of times since it opened. But just recently they have opened a Dan Murphy wine store and a Petstock and a little arcade of smaller shops. There were already a Kmart and a Woolworths. The Delacombe shops now have pretty much everything we usually use (apart, of course, from the markets, farm shops etc, although it does have a butcher's shop and a greengrocery). No need to drive to several locations around the Ballarat city centre any more.

I think I now have, or at least have ordered pretty much everything I need for Christmas.  Except I haven't made the calendars. I must, must, must do that tomorrow. The difficulty is that the webpage I use to make the calendars is refusing to accept many of the photos I want to use - and I can't work out why.  It isn't the file type. It doesn't seem to be the file size.  I took two photos, seconds apart of very similar things. The file types are the same. The file size is the same. I can't see anything different between the two photos. But one is acceptable and one is not. It's very odd.  It's not an insurmountable problem. I can change the unaccepted photos into a format that is acceptable but that is time consuming and inconvenient. It's very annoying.  I've looked at other websites but the same problem arises.  I guess I'll just have to griddle my lions and get on with it. Tomorrow. I am about to go to work now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment