Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Jim and I went down to visit both Tony and Stella on Monday, stopping at Katrina's Kitchen on the way to pick up some supplies for their freezer.  They both like Katrina's Kitchen meals and the big advantage is that you pop them in the oven and 30 or 40 minutes later you have a complete meal ready for you.  They mostly do online sales - alas, they don't deliver to Ballarat.  Not that we need ready meals, really.  Fortunately, they do deliver to Mount Martha where ready meals are proving to be very useful.

Anyway.  We picked up Tony and went off to visit Stella who was looking really quite good.  She is ambulatory with a wheelie frame and seemed quite cheerful.  Emily and Jess were there when we arrived and left soon after. Jim, Tony and I had lunch in the hospital cafe. They do nice pies in the cafe.  We took Tony back home and then returned to Mount Helen.

I went to Melbourne with Lindsey on Tuesday morning and trundled into work.  I was chatting to the practice manager and the practice nurse when my phone rang. It was Stella to say that she had been moved to the Rehab Unit where she is having physiotherapy, gym sessions and the attention of an OT.  Not bad when you think that was only a week since she fell and five days since her new hip was put in.

I went to the hand therapist in the afternoon who was quite pleased with my hand - although it has been very swollen since last Friday.  I now have an oedema glove, plus a silicone inset for my overnight splint.  And, of course, I have to keep doing the exercises and massaging my palm.  I had felt on and off as though my hand wasn't doing very well last week, but really it's doing fine.  I think I am just doing and expecting too much after only five weeks since the operation.

I decided yesterday not to stay at work until Lindsey finished at 7:30 and headed back to Mount Helen by public transport.  I have to say it was a very pleasant trip.  I did some Japanese practice and read my new book on my tablet and gazed out the window.  And Jim picked me up at the University bus stop which meant I didn't have to walk up the quite steep hill to get to the house.  It seems a bit lazy to be picked up such a short distance from the house but I do not enjoy that climb at the end of the tram, train and bus trip back from the surgery.  I am thinking that I might go back down with Lindsey tomorrow morning.  She is not coming back here after work tomorrow so I had been intending to take the car.  But I am now thinking that I might go with her and come back by tram, train and bus but perhaps a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment