Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The car now seems to be better.  The Builder took it to Nick The Mechanic during the week, who took it for a good drive and put it on his diagnostic computer and couldn't find anything wrong.  He diagnosed dirty fuel.  So The Builder put more fuel in the tank and added a fuel cleaning liquid and so far it seems to be running smoothly again. 

I didn't go to my Japanese class on Thursday evening, though.  I wasn't sure about this diagnosis, and had no wish to find myself stuck on the Dronfield bypass at 9:30 in the evening with a car that refused to go!  But we took it to Chatsworth and round about on Saturday and it went perfectly well, so I have decided it must be better after all :-D

We didn't go to London, which had been the original plan for this Saturday. By the time it was clear that the car probably would take us to London and back, we had already put Freyja off and she had made other plans.  We'll go down and see her in November.  Instead, we just pottered around.  The Builder put some more work in to the new porch.  I baked and roasted and stewed. We did a little light gardening. It was all rather laid back and rather peaceful. And it was the last appointment-free weekend that we have for 5 or 6 weeks, now that I come to look at my diary.

Said I was tired, though - each evening I was asleep in my comfy armchair by 8:00 and had to be shooken awake at bedtime!!!  Just as well I don't have a big and squishy comfy armchair!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment