Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, June 21, 2010

Frannie, covered in flour

I mostly spent yesterday baking.  I made:

Bread rolls (there were six but The Builder had one with cheese and chutney for lunch)



Sticky bread with an orange and cinnamon glaze




And carrot fairy cakes, covered in a lemon icing




I also broke the food processor and had to make the Yorkshire pudding batter by hand!!!!!

Not sure what to do about the food processor.  I don't really want to buy a whole new one.  All the bits for the existing one are working perfectly.  It's just the base unit that has gone doolally.  And I'm not sure if you can buy base units on their own.  Will have to investigate.

On the other hand, it would certainly be in keeping with George Osbourne's austerity program were I to do my mixing in a ceramic bowl with a wooden spoon.  Might keep me quite fit, as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment