Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

There was great excitement today, amongst those of us who care about these things. A steam train was passing through Sheffield at about quarter to 12 and stopping for about half an hour or so.

Richard and I pottered down to the station to admire it. Roger pottered down, likewise to admire. There were loads of train spotters - but no train. Well, there were trains, but no steam ones. Eventually, one of the train spotters said that his information was that it had been delayed until quarter to two. I certainly couldn't stay there until that time. I was doing the research drop in session at 1, and was on the helpdesk at 2. Richard, Roger and I headed back to the office.

But Richard had most of the afternoon off. So I handed him my camera in the hope that he might get back to the station while the train was there - if it ever turned up. I wonder if he got any pictures.

The Builder and I are considering buying deluxe tickets for a round trip on a steam train from Leeds to Carlisle on the August Bank Holiday weekend. The deluxe tickets are extremely expensive - but you do get lunch and a three course dinner and a bottle of wine (to share), not to mention first class seats. I might see if I can save up for the tickets - as long as the black holes, which pass through my finances on an almost daily basis, stop eating up all my money!

I was kissed today, full on the lips, and hugged by a rather attractive young-ish man, in the library workroom. :-) Very exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment