Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy First Birthday

The Blog is one! Who'd have thought it. It's a whole year since I started it on a whimsy, one long, dreary, deathly Saturday afternoon at Psalter Lane. I didn't really expect to maintain it much beyond a week. I didn't at all expect it to gain a readership. But there you go. And here it still is! Hapoy birthday to The Blog

I forgot to tell you in the Salisbury blog. We were walking back along the canal to the supermarket car park from the Salisbury city centre on Saturday morning. We had just passed under the railway bridge when we heard a distinctive train whistle. We both stopped and turned to see where it was coming from. And across the bridge there trundled a really pretty steam train with about 12 carriages behind it. Was lovely to see. And nobody else on the path paid any attention at all!

Marlo has caught a mouse. He was playing with it in the dining room when The Builder got back from taking me to the station this morning. Then he let it go and it has run under the freezer! Sigh. A humane trap is now required. Unless, of course, it has slunk sneakily away and gone back outside. Or died of fright. I suppose this means we will now have to move the freezer to see. I have no wish for there to be dead mouse carcasses under the freezer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment