Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Thursday, December 21, 2006

You may now doff your cap

... whenever you see me. We are now officially "landed". Mr Micawber's secretary rang yesterday lunch time to tell me that they had completed on the piece of land and that it was now ours. There are one or two bits of paperwork to complete but that doesn't alter the fact that the land is ours.

Hooray!

There will be a small orchard-ette, a chook run and a substantial veggie patch. In the fullness of the fullness of time!!!

So much to do. Could really do with six months off to get on with it all!

And I don't even get weekends. They called for volunteers. I told them when I was available, indicating that I *prefer* to do Saturdays over Sundays (unusual this; you get paid better on Sundays but I do like a nice Sunday Lunch!) and I prefer to go to Collegiate or Psalter rather than Adsetts. I seem to have gathered most weekends, both days sometimes. And it's strange the number of Sunday shifts I have been put down for at Adsetts next term. However. I shall make the most of the extra money. I fear that the opportunity for regular overtime may rapidly be drawing to a close. Nothing has happened on the Weekend Working Reorganisation for so long we had all forgotten about it. I think it might be about to kick back into life.

The weather has been absolutely stunningly glorious in Chesterfield and Sheffield the last couple of days. The sun has shone in a still blue sky. It is freezing cold and everything is covered in ice. The area is positively golden. The rest of Britain seems to be buried in dense, freezing fog. We in Sheff/Chesterfield are indeed blessed by the golden sun god!

I think I'm nearly ready for Christmas. I need to get veg and cream and stuff on Saturday. And I have forgotten to buy crackers. But I have the twiglets!

No comments:

Post a Comment