Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Monday, May 06, 2024

Stella's Busy Weekend

So many visitors!

Wendy came up on Friday afternoon and stayed (with me, not Stella!) until Sunday lunchtime. She and Lindsey visited Stella on Saturday after lunch. Freyja and Simon came up mid-afternoon. They and I went to visit her. Wendy went to visit Stella again on Sunday morning, then my brother Simon, two of his (adult) children and a 4 month old whippet puppy went to visit her after lunch.

Stella had been quite surprised when we told her that we had assumed she would be dead by Monday teatime and that we were surprised that she was still kicking along on Tuesday. All the visitors last week and over the weekend mean that she believes us and is also surprised - but she is happy to report that she remains Not Dead Yet although she is VERY tired.

Must be all the excitement of so many visitors, and a 4 month old puppy.





In the meantime, back at my place, a drama unfolded in the lounge and dining rooms:

Whiskey, the Killer of Librarians

Librarian cowering away from the Giant Killer Kat




We have had some beautiful afternoons recently. Golden autumn sunlight continues to bathe us in the afternoons and evenings, usually after misty, cloudy or even foggy mornings. I have planted some daffodil, freesias and tulips in the garden bed along the side fence, under the Bramley apple, Tahitian lime and miniature peach trees. I put some tulips in rather late last year, which didn't flower. They are starting to come back up. I am hopeful of flowers this year



Looking from my TV-watching couch
towards the kitchen, around 5pm.

Neither of the cats ever sits on my knee if I am on the couches. Brandy will sleep on me if I'm in bed, but not otherwise. They both like to snuggle up close to me, but No Sitting. So I was surprised the other evening when Brandy did come and sit on me. He didn't lie down and curl up,  and it wasn't for long, but even so:



No comments:

Post a Comment