Sunset from Hill House, Mount Helen. February 2024

Tuesday, October 10, 2023

A busy week

 In the last week I have:

  • Completed a slew of paperwork, including *finally* filing my application for Australian citizenship. I was delighted to discover that once you pass 65 the cost drops by half. I have also completed other, less onerous domestic admin tasks
  • Received in the post an application form for my British pension. It won't be worth much but, as they say, every little helps. The form was accompanied by a letter thanking me for my recent query about my pension and telling me that I need to include a copy of my marriage certificate and Jim's death certificate when I return the form. This mystified me a bit. It was on my list of things to do but I had no recollection of actually contacting them about it - and I hadn't crossed it off the list. Then I remembered that I had called them when Jim died to tell them about him. I have no recollection of it but we must have discussed me as well. I do remember them telling me that I didn't need to repay them anything for Jim. On the contrary, they owed me a week's worth of money.  I have started filling it out.

  • Planted two tubs with potatoes (Dutch Cream and King Edwards). I need another tub for the Nicola potatoes
  • Been to work twice
  • Visited Stella and Rupert&Hugo several times
  • Done three online Japanese classes
  • Tidied up the study (a mammoth task!)
  • Cleared out a couple of kitchen cupboards
  • Visited the Saturday market, the supermarket, Officeworks and the mushroom farm.

Lindsey, Stella and I went to the Crown in Buninyong for lunch on Sunday.

I took Ian to the garage to collect Lindsey's blue car, which was finally ready after being thoroughly overhauled.

Freyja and Simon came yesterday with stuff from their garden. I now have a new tree in a tub out the front, more garden equipment, a new rhubarb plant, a small "greenhouse", a new raised bed and various other bits and pieces. I am hoping to organise a weekend when they can come to stay and we can get a small skip and sort out the garage and perhaps the garden.

All in all, it's been quite a busy week. I think I have achieved quite a lot.

Office Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment